See the Reviews of Maurice Ramirez Photo on Yelp
1. We got married last October 2011 in San Francisco and chose our photographer very carefully. We hired Maurice not only because of his amazing photography talents, but because he actually cared and made a huge effort to tell our story and didn't just want to take a photo for the sake of photography. Maurice (and Nina) took their time to get to know us so that they could convey our lives with each other through his photos. Needless to say, we had a blast with Maurice during both our engagement session (full SF city bus tour) and on our big day at the InterContinental Hotel! Maurice was so easy to work with and was so fluid with each moment in all the unique surroundings and atmospheres that we encountered. He was ultra patient with us and our 550+ guest list as well...and I can't say the same for most photographers to be able to cover that size of a group so smoothly. When we saw the final product, we were blown away and his photos and ultra high quality "storybook" took us right back to our wedding day! We recounted the entire day and saw all the special moments that he captured for us. We're not planning another wedding anytime soon, but if we had to, we'd quickly book Maurice as he was our favorite vendor (and now friend). Anna and Tim thank Maurice and Nina for being simply FANTASTIC!!!
-- Anna and Tim, San Francisco
2. If I could, i would give Maurice 6 stars :) as a hobbyist photographer, my (now wife, then) Fiancé and I started looking around at photographers all around the bay to find the perfect person to help us capture what we amount to "our memories" of our wedding. we looked at A LOT of photographers, and Maurice's website/photos really captured our attention - he has an AMAZING eye for interesting/gorgeous angles. we met with Maurice, and we KNEW he was the guy for our wedding - we had a DIY wedding with a lot of help from our friends, and we wanted someone that would feel comfortable in a burningman style wedding. communication with Maurice - before and after the wedding - was awesome - Nina gave us good guidelines as to what is required from us photography wise, and that really helped us plan our day accordingly. Maurice showed up on time, and shot, and shot, and shot and shot.... he had such a good time, he kept shooting on his "off" time. :) when we got the photos, we knew we'd made the right choice - we have an AMAZING collection of photos - most of our friends remarked that these photos look like they belong in a high class magazine - we couldn't agree more. We HIGHLY recommend Maurice as your event photographer. he's worth every penny :)
-- Runn V, Oakland
3. Not much I can add to other comments except repeat what they've already said. Maurice was a bad-ass. He made our wedding day very special and he was great to work with. He did a custom and personal job for our very personal wedding and if you manage to snag him for yourself you're in for a treat. One of the greatest things he did at the wedding which I didn't know about was set up a slide-show of photos he had taken that day on his laptop for everyone to see. I found out about it when my uber-manly friend from Seattle came over to me later on in the night and said 'Oh my god, your photos are amazing, this guy is awesome.' Checking out the slide show while still at the wedding seemed so surreal since we had just done the things that the pictures were just now showing. Anyways, can't push this guy enough on you. He's awesome.
-- Molly and John, Oakland
4. Maurice and Nina are simply the BEST!!!!! We got married in July 2013, and Maurice was our photographer for both our engagement and wedding photos. We really wanted the best photographer for our special day and thus took time in carefully reviewing all the top wedding photographers in the bay area. By far, Maurice and Nina stood out from the very beginning. Maurice and Nina made sure that the photos tell 'our story'. They took time to know us so that the photos can uniquely tell who we are as a couple. In addition, Maurice really knows how to best work with the lightings, angles and reflections. He goes above and beyond each time to get the best shots possible. I would highly recommend Maurice and Nina for any couple who's looking for the best among the best! Maurice and Nina, thank you so much for capturing our special moments. It's been such a pleasure working with you both!!
--Tricia and Will, San Francisco
5. We just got married on October 18 and our pictures (so far) are even MORE amazing than our engagement session!! Maurice is not only great at what he does, he is a REALLY cool guy. We had so much fun working with him and felt completely relaxed & comfortable the whole time. People who have seen our pictures that have already been posted on his blog can't say enough positive things... I truly believe the pictures will speak for themselves. I cannot WAIT to see the rest of them!!! If you want a photographer to capture the emotions of the most special day of your life, pick Maurice!!! You will not be disappointed... leave the posed pictures to your friends & family. When I look at the pictures of our wedding that are posted on his blog, I can vividly remember EXACTLY what I was feeling when that picture was taken... Maurice's work evokes emotions... and thats what you want when you look back on your wedding day!
--Julie and Albert, Dublin, Ca
6. Maurice is as good as it gets!!! His pictures are amazing! He has crazy talent and creativity. We just received our Engagement pictures back and lets just say these pictures way exceeded my expectations and took our breath away. I am so excited to have Maurice do our pictures for our upcoming wedding. Maurice is really good about making you feel comfortable in front of the camera and is willing to do what ever it takes to get an amazing picture. Many times me and my fiance asking ourselves "Where is Maurice?" during our photo shoot because he was taking our photos from different angels from on the ground or different locations in the room. He moves super quick in order to get the right shot! Coming from a bride to be, Maurice had made our wedding experience amazing! His staff (Nina) gets back to your emails quickly and promptly. You will never worry that you went with the wrong vendor for your pictures. Book Maurice in advance....trust me...he is worth it! Thanks Maurice for your amazing talent!
--Bernice & Joe, Stockton
7. When looking for a photographer for our wedding, my fiancé and I had a lot of criteria. We wanted our photographer to capture all the moments before,during and after the wedding. We also wanted our photographer To listen what we wanted for our wedding and willing to capture us as a couple. Maurice did all of that for us. He was the first photographer we met and stuck with him. Our pictures for our engagement and our wedding was better than what we could hope for. A lot of our friends and family were really impressed with his work. Maurice's manager, now wife, Nina, made our experience during the planning process easy. She was very professional and easy to talk to. If you guys choose Maurice, you will definitely not regret this decision and trust me, planning for your wedding and deciding which vendors to use is not easy. Choosing Maurice for our wedding, was, the best decision we've ever made, because pictures lasts forever.
--Christina P., Daly City